HOW TO GET A FAB FACE IN FIVE MINUTES
‘Much of makeup time is taken by the face, with good reason. There are eyes, cheeks, lips, eyebrows and so much else to take care of. Today we tell you how to get a fabulous face in less than five minutes!’
The face is the holy grail of makeup. Yes, we care about our hair as well, our nails are important too, but the big chunk of makeup time is taken by the face, in those colour combinations and contours and lip lines. One moment you’re ahead of schedule, and you think you will be able to get ready on time, and then suddenly Pandora’s Box (read the makeup kit) opens and you’re sitting in front of the mirror, agonising over what colour to put where, and what shade the lips should be, and whether it matches the contours of your lashes and brows.
It’s such a nightmare.
But – and this is a crucial but – we have some solutions for you. Now these are not magic formulae, so we’re not claiming that this will turn you into a face model overnight, but you will see a marked improvement in your timing if you follow these tips. So go on!
Before you begin, though, pay attention to the basics. Many people think that prepping up the face begins with foundation. Not so. If you inculcate good habits for keeping your skin moisturised, cleansed and protected from the sun daily, then your skin will automatically glow and keep your makeup fresh all day. Like everything else, the foundation stone is to have one nice small habit – in this case taking care of your face every day – and stick to it.
And one final warning when it comes to applying makeup straight after a workout session. Don’t do it! If you have to, use moisturiser to cool down the skin first, and drink a lot of water to get the circulation up and running in your skin, and then apply any makeup products.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, here is the five-minute fabulous face guide.
1. Use a foundation brush to apply a small amount of primer to your face. (30 seconds.)
2. Conceal all your blemishes. (30 seconds.)
3. Load your powder brush with mineral foundation and buff the powder over your skin in small, circular motions. Start from the centre and move outward. (60 seconds.)
4. Brush your eyebrows into place. Use an angled brush to colour in any gaps. (45 seconds.)
5. Apply a coat of mascara to your lashes. Start with the bottom lashes and then move to your top lashes. Use gentle twisting motions of the wand to distribute evenly. (45 seconds.)
6. Swipe a little colour over the apples of your cheeks and up towards your temples to avoid those pink circles that announce you’ve made yourself up. (45 seconds.)
7. Dab a little gloss or lipstick onto your lips with a brush or your fingertip. (45 seconds.)