10 Most Sensuous ‘Saree Songs’ in the History of Bollywood
Neena Merchant | On 14, Nov 2013
A saree can be one of the most glamorous outfits in a woman’s wardrobe. It can even give fierce competition to a bikini, especially if styled with a low cut, backless blouse. Our Bollywood divas are often seen donning a colourful chiffon saree, romancing the hero in picturesque foreign locales. Here is our collection of ‘ten hottest saree numbers’ we have witnessed on Indian screens.
- Dhak Dhak Karne Laga – Only Madhuri Dixit could have done this. Dhak Dhak is undoubtedly the best saree number of Bollywood to this day. It’s not just her sensuous moves and the sizzling chemistry she shared with Anil Kapoor, it’s her effortlessness in looking so hot and that too with a killer smile on her face. This super-hit song from ‘Beta’ made her the ultimate object of desire, not just for that particular generation, but for several generations to come.
- Kaate Nahi Katte – The combination of Saroj Khan’s choreography and Sridevi’s moves made this song one of the best saree songs in the history of Bollywood. Husbands from all parts of the country gifted their wives similar blue chiffon sarees after watching this scorching number from the iconic movie, ‘Mr. India’. Do we need to say anything else?
- Jaane Do Naa – Dimple Kapadia never looked hotter. She was glowing like a gem underneath the drenched saree whose blouse had a back supported with just a few strings. The powerful chemistry between Rishi Kapoor and Dimple, along with Asha Bhosle’s magical voice made Jaane Do Naa a song no one will ever forget.
- Haye Haye Ye Majboori – This raunchy rain dance song is filled with all the ingredients required to make a classic saree number. Zeenat seduces Manoj Kumar by dancing on the swing and on the roof. The drenched orange saree and Zeenat’s enticing curves made a strong impact on viewers’ minds.
- Gale Lag Ja – Akshay Kumar with Katrina Kaif is a sensational pairing. The duo raised temperatures in this erotic number from De Dana Dan. Kat has donned several chiffon sarees in this one, all of them drenched and paired with blouses which are hardly blouses. Katrina’s tall frame and well defined curves made her look breathtaking in all the sexy sarees she wore in Gale Lag Ja.
- Tumhe Jo Maine Dekha – Sushmita Sen’s figure can give any supermodel from any part of the world a tough competition. Combine her curves with elegantly flowing chiffon sarees and also put a hunk like SRK in the middle to admire all the beauty and sensuality and you will get yourself a ‘Tumhe Jo Maine Dekha’. The song became a sensation in the country and her ‘saree look’ an evergreen fashion statement.
- Bhaage Re Mann – Kareena is a seductress from her very first film. When she wore that blood red saree with a blue blouse and danced to the melodious beats of Bhaage re Mann from her critically acclaimed film, Chameli, she stole millions of hearts.
- Aaj Rapat Jayein –This foot-tapping rain dance number from the classic, Namak Halal, introduced us to the fun side of Smita Patil. Dressed elegantly in a white saree, she looked absolutely gorgeous when she danced alongside Mr. Amitabh Bachchan.
- Suraj Hua Maddham – Although Kajol has also slipped on a lehenga and a salwar kamiz in this song, Suraj Hua Maddham is largely remembered for its sequences where the expressive actress has worn designer sarees in beautiful shades of green, red, yellow, blue and even white. Often termed as the most romantic couple of Bollywood, Kajol and SRK created magic in this one with their scorching chemistry.
- Rimjhim Rimjhim – Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s 1942 – A Love Story is one of the most influential films in the history of Indian cinema. But the popular film is also remembered for its mushy rain dance number, Rimjhim Rimjhim, starring the divinely beautiful Manisha Koirala. The innocence in Manisha’s eyes and the charming avatar of Anil Kapoor made this song an evergreen classic.
BOLLYWOOD BEATS AND HIP SHAKING MOVES TAKE OVER MELBOURNE FOR ICONIC TELSTRA BOLLYWOOD DANCE COMPETITION 2019